“Sod the wine, I want to suck on the writing. This man White is an instinctive writer, bloody rare to find one who actually pulls it off, as in still gets a meaning across with concision. Sharp arbitrage of speed and risk, closest thing I can think of to Cicero’s ‘motus continuum animi.’

Probably takes a drink or two to connect like that: he literally paints his senses on the page.”


DBC Pierre (Vernon God Little, Ludmila’s Broken English, Lights Out In Wonderland ... Winner: Booker prize; Whitbread prize; Bollinger Wodehouse Everyman prize; James Joyce Award from the Literary & Historical Society of University College Dublin)


.

.

.

.

07 July 2017

GRENACHE SUMMARY TO DATE

the DRINKSTER series on Grenache is a very popular thing ... I'm happy I early abandoned the notion of making one big feature story of it ... much better I reckon to stretch it out and chill ... it has grown ... I have five more winemakers' opinions to publish and then some ...  here's what's up already: previous articles in DRINKSTER's Grenache series:

1 Intro: McLaren Vale Grenache: A Study 
2 Out my back door: picking the High Sands 
3 Grenache: Drew Noon's love story 
4 Grenache: the Italian Connection 
5 Out my back door: finishing High Sands
6 Grenache and upland geology: top of the bottom 
7  Thistledown for the Spanish: Grenache from Tres Hombres
8 Grenache from Blewett Sands Mike Farmilo and Sue Trott



No comments: