“Sod the wine, I want to suck on the writing. This man White is an instinctive writer, bloody rare to find one who actually pulls it off, as in still gets a meaning across with concision. Sharp arbitrage of speed and risk, closest thing I can think of to Cicero’s ‘motus continuum animi.’

Probably takes a drink or two to connect like that: he literally paints his senses on the page.”


DBC Pierre (Vernon God Little, Ludmila’s Broken English, Lights Out In Wonderland ... Winner: Booker prize; Whitbread prize; Bollinger Wodehouse Everyman prize; James Joyce Award from the Literary & Historical Society of University College Dublin)


.

.

.

.

20 December 2014

COOL PRAYER FOR A DEAD YEAR




  

Matthew 6:7 ... when you pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking




me at the Callington Boot Hill looking at the coffin with my old man, Pastor Jimmy White, in it ... Jim preached so much agin heathen repetition I reckon he choked to death repeating himself in the name of God ... who obviously hadn't helped much at this stage ... the only god evident as Jimmy died was a smoothing coat of morphine ... Mick Wordley took this photo when I thought everybody had left so I went back for a last long look at the man whose jizz made half of me. For the  other half, click here.

1 comment:

Don Fenton said...

http://theconversation.com/corks-seal-a-wines-fate-aging-under-natural-vs-synthetic-closures-35135?
Hello Phillip! It's been a long time ... I thought that you might be interested in the link, or stink, or whatever it is ...
Happy New Year,
Don Fenton.